I have found a stray animal and cannot take it home

You may either bring the animal to Park County Animal Shelter (3 Arrow Avenue) or call the City of Cody Dispatch at (307) 587-8700 to have an officer pick up the animal.

I have found a a stray animal and can provide temporary shelter until it is reunited with its owner:

Please submit a Found Animal Report online using the form below, over the phone, or in person (at the shelter). Even if you decide to temporarily foster the animal, we recommend bringing the animal to the shelter at some point so that we can scan it for a microchip. We also suggest posting the animal on the Cody Area Classified Facebook group. This group has more than 15,000 members and is a great tool for reuniting lost animals with their owners.

Housing a stray in your home is an option as long as you’re committed to doing what is best for the animal and can help search for its home.  Make sure that you can keep your resident animals and small children separate from the stray animal as it could be sick, fearful, or aggressive.

Incident Information
Cross streets, Town, and/or General Area
Pet Information
If a mix, list dominant breed.
In pounds and ounces
Please describe
A photo is very helpful in getting the pet back to its owner.
Your Information
reCAPTCHA is required.