After having to cancel our 2020 spay/neuter clinics due to COVID-19, Park County Animal Shelter is excited to announce that we have launched a new program to help those facing financial barriers when it comes to spaying or neutering their pets. With support from local veterinarians and generous donors, we are now issuing low-cost vouchers through our SNIP program, which stands for Spaying and Neutering Intact Pets.
SNIP was created to assist residents of Park County and Big Horn Basin WY residents who are unable to afford the full cost of a spay/neuter procedure. Please understand that this is a need-based program which is primarily funded by individual donors. A maximum of two vouchers per household per year will be issued to eligible applicants. Please read the eligibility guidelines below before submitting an application:
- Individuals or families with a household income that is 150% of the Federal Poverty Level or below. (Click here to check your income eligibility).
- Senior citizens living on a fixed income.
- Those experiencing an unexpected financial hardship. **If your income is higher than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level but you’ve had a financial setback or hardship this year, please include a detailed summary with your application.**
The Way it Works
Once you’ve been approved for a voucher, PCAS will contact you to review the terms and conditions, collect payment, and answer any questions you may have. PLEASE NOTE: Voucher fees must paid to PCAS before the voucher can be issued.
Voucher fees depend on the species and sex of your pet
- Female Dog (spay): $70
- Male Dog (neuter): $55
- Female Cat (spay): $35
- Male Cat (neuter): $15
- Rabies Vaccine: $10
Additional costs covered by PCAS (if deemed medically necessary by the veterinarian)
- Cryptorchids (when the testicle(s) are in the abdomen instead of the scrotum)
- Extra anesthetic drugs (i.e. large dogs or animals that don’t want to go to sleep)
- Emergency medications for life-saving measures
Additional costs that PCAS will NOT cover
- Extra Vaccinations
- Nail Trims or Ear Cleanings
- Dewclaw Removal
- Anything not medically necessary to be done during the spay/neuter
If you are eligible to receive a voucher, please submit your application ASAP! Voucher quantities may be limited based on available funding and resources. You can apply online, by mail, or in person using the links below.
If you are a NO SHOW to your pet’s spay/neuter appointment through the voucher program, your voucher will be forfeited and you will NOT be able to receive any vouchers in the future.
- Apply by Mail: Download and print an application from our website. Mail completed application along with a copy of your state-issued I.D. or utility bill to Park County Animal Shelter, 3 Arrow Avenue, Cody, WY 82414.
- Apply in Person: Drop off completed application at the shelter (3 Arrow Avenue, Cody, WY). You’ll want to bring a copy of your state-issued I.D. or utility bill for proof of residency.
- Apply Online: Fill out the form below and make sure to attach a copy of your state-issued ID or utility bill for proof of residency.
Want to help make this program a success?
For our friends who are able to help with the costs of these vouchers, see the links below to donate online or by mail, and specify that your donation is for the Spay/Neuter program. Gifts of any amount are appreciated, and will help those less fortunate in our community be able to have their animals spayed or neutered.
To make a donation, please click on the button below. For checks and money orders, please make your gift payable to PCAS Spay/Neuter Fund and mail it to PCAS at 3 Arrow Avenue, Cody, WY 82414.